Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Mobile thirst quencher: Daimler receives large order for 245 Fuso light-duty trucks from mineral water supplier in Saudi Arabia

  • Large order for 245 Fuso trucks affirms Daimler's
    long-standing customer relationship with Hana Water
  • The mineral water supplier will thus expand its
    truck fleet to a total of 900 Fuso vehicles
  • With its growth strategy “Fuso 2015” Daimler is
    on course to its international medium-term sales
    target of 200,000 units per year
Stuttgart / Kawasaki, Japan, Nov 02, 2012 --The Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corporation (MFTBC), one of the leading commercial vehicle manufacturers in Asia, headquartered in the Japanese city of Kawasaki, received an order from its long-standing customer “National Plant for Healthy Water”, also known as “Hana Water” in Saudi Arabia. The large order of 245 vehicles is consisting of 224 units of the Fuso Canter light-duty truck and 21 Fuso Fighter medium-duty trucks. Herewith Hana Water effectively expands its fleet to a total of 900 commercial vehicles of the Fuso brand.

Hana Water is one of the largest suppliers of mineral water in the Near and Middle East. Its corporate headquarters are located in Riad, the capital city of Saudi Arabia.
“With this large three-digit order from our long-standing partner in Saudi Arabia we will bolster our export business in an important core market once again”, underlines Kai-Uwe Seidenfuss, MFTBC Senior Vice President of Sales and After Sales Fuso. “Through its cooperative activities with excellent sales partners, Fuso is well positioned in the states of the Near and Middle East.”
The first batch of around 100 units of the economical and robust Fuso trucks are already handed over to Hana Water by the Fuso authorized dealer in Saudi Arabia, Alesayi Motors. The remaining batch of over 100 vehicles will be delivered in stages until January 2013.
On the Way to becoming a Profitable Player with the “Fuso 2015” Growth Strategy
With the “Fuso 2015” growth offensive launched in the previous year, the company is striving to establish itself as a profitable global player with a strong basis in the Japanese home market and a doubling of international sales in the medium term. The ambitious growth program is based on the five strategic pillars: Leader in Green Innovation, Customer Number One in Japan, Profitable Global Player, Efficiency Leader among Japanese Commercial Vehicle Manufacturers, and Employer Number One in Japan. With a view to the successful implementation of the growth strategy, in the middle of 2012 Fuso optimized the sales structure to better satisfy customers` requirements in over 150 markets worldwide. 
About Fuso
The Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corporation, headquartered in Kawasaki, Japan, is one of the leading commercial vehicle manufacturers in Asia. Daimler AG holds 89.29% of MFTBC shares. The remaining 10.71% are held by various companies of the Mitsubishi Group. In 2011 Daimler Trucks sold about 147,700 vehicles under the Fuso brand – including light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks and buses

No comments: